Here are my tips for aiming for equilibrium and making daily “Me Time” happen:
1. Establish a flexible routine. One that allows for the unexpected but also creates a rhythm in your day to day life. Stick to it. Allow it to be an anchor for you!
2. Set a few non-negotiables - things that happen no matter what or no matter how tired you are! A few of mine are:
- Washing and moisturizing my face at night, I am committed to it no matter what!
- Having a daily prayer time, I won’t sleep until I say my prayers and read scripture.
- Taking my daily vitamins, just do it!!
3. Schedule in a long soak, uninterrupted time to read, or go for a long walk alone. Let the people in your life know you need this weekly to be at your best each week!
4. Have a few healthy frozen meals or quick throw together favorites that are easy to defrost or make for when life goes haywire! This way you can still get that long soak or walk in and not be spending that time making dinner!